[C320-list] Leaking portholes fix?

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 26 17:04:21 PST 2011

On number 574, 1999 boat I had the same problem ( and I'm sure you'll hear from others as well). One fix is to remove the gasket (you will need a dental pick) which will have deteriorated over the years. Clean up the area around the portlight frame with acohol and then mask off the area, to keep the new sealant off the cabin. I applied black 3M 5200(which was probably overkill and 5000 will suffice). You will need to mask off the inside of the portlights as well, the plastic frames just snap off. This was not a very difficult job and from 10feet away it looks just like factory. I've not had a leak since and I did all four portlights.
Good luck
JohnM