[C320-list] refrigerator question

Chris Descher cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Mon Feb 28 09:19:34 PST 2011

I'm in Oklahoma.  This system has not worked for a long as I've owned the
boat.  My compressor may still be good, but my evaporator needs to be
replaced again.  The necessary service work to evacuate and recharge the
lines makes it seem to me that the most reasonable thing to do is put in a
new pre-charged system.  It's not much extra to go with the larger unit on
the compressor.  The standard evaporator is rated for up to 9 cu/ft.  The
factory website says that the ice box volume is 5.8 cu ft, so if that's
right, the standard evaporator should be big enough.  It looks a lot bigger
than that to me though.