[C320-list] Schaefer 2100 furler maintenanc

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Fri Jan 28 07:40:11 PST 2011

Jerry,
Allan's description is perfect.  Diane and I did this job several years ago.
 I highly encourage anyone with this furler to replace the lower unit bering
assembly.  The difference in perormance still brings a smile to our face
every time we use it.
I don't remember having any dificulty taking it apart in terms of stuck
screws.  Make sure you have a screw driver that fits the heads perfectly.
Also I always try tightening it first when breaking it lose, that way if you
bugger up the screw head you still have the abillity to back them out.
We used the jib halyard attached to a bridal run between the two cleats on
the bow.
As I have a propensity to take small, hard to get and expensive parts and
throw them in the water I pre positioned the boat as far forward as possible
in the slip so that I could do the work over the dock.
Good luck, you will be very happy with the result.
Bruce
Somerset 671 Cat Harbor Catalina Island, CA

Bruce Heyman
(949) 289-8400
BruceHeyman at cox.net