[C320-list] Changing the Impeller, Changing the Oil

Jason Alexander alexander.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:40:08 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have the Euro 3GM30F Yammar in my 320.   I was looking at the water
pump last weekend to get the necessary info to order a new impeller
and noticed that the cover plate faces the engine and would appear to
make it very difficult to change the impeller.

What do people do to get a new impeller installed.  Do you remove the
pump from the engine?  If so is it hard to get the belt tensioned
again?

As for the oil change I have a topsiders oil extractor.  Do you just
go down through the dip stick to extract the oil.   On the Catalina 28
I had a while ago there was a nice drain hose connected to a fitting
on the bottom of the oil pan.  Made changing the oil very simple.

Thanks,
Jason