[C320-list] Stern anchor

Mike Paris mparis495 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 06:27:57 PDT 2011

At some anchorages on Santa Cruz Island such as Frys and Pelican I think bow and stern is necessary because of the limited space. The same is true for many anchorages at Catalina. I think anchorages such as Prisoners and Smugglers should be a single hook. My direct experience at Santa Cruz Island is limited to a couple of one week trips there the past couple of years. It's the best island to visit in southern Cal in my view. My use of bow and stern comes from classes through OCC School of Seamanship (on the water and seminars) about anchoring in the Channel Islands. As always, I greatly value other's experiences and input from the C320 list.

BTW, I'll be at Santa Cruz Island Monday on my way back from Santa Barbara - with an improved stern anchor rode.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone