[C320-list] Fwd: Catalina replacement parts. C 320 #851 /// Replacement Mirror from Coolplastic

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Wed Jul 13 05:30:03 PDT 2011

Hi Pat,

We replaced the same bathroom mirror 2 weeks ago. Go to the Coolplastic
website (or call at 1-800-878-6144)  or
http://www.coolplastic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=dsp
&Product_Code=SM-2131&Category_Code= and note that they sell a 29 x 19 inch
mirror; indicate the cut size you desire. The mirror is pricey for its size
when considering shipping, but after exhausting several alternatives, the
best deal online is with Coolplastic. The mirror is 1/8th inch thick (the
old mirror was 1/4th inch thick). The replacement mirror will need 1/8th
inch mirror mounting tabs that can be purchased at a well stocked hardware
store.

BTW, Lesson learned: One of the reasons that mirrors deteriorate is because
caustic chemicals may enter at the edge of the mirror film backing and as a
consequence, avoid any direct contact with the mirror edge when using
cleaning fluids such as Windex or stronger chemical cleaners. Apply the
cleaner to a paper towel or rag, but do not spray the cleaner onto the
mirror surface that may then migrate between the mirror film and the acrylic
sheet. This is the same reason that glass mirrors may also deteriorate over
time.

Rick

My-Ria #277

SM-2131

Replacement Acrylic Mirror

1

$29.50

$29.50

CUT_SIZE: 15 x 19 inch

Shipping: Ground Shipping Continental US:

$22.55

Sales Tax:

$0.00

Total: