[C320-list] Macerator handle and marelon handles

Richard A. Walsh walshrichard at msn.com
Mon Jun 6 12:39:40 PDT 2011

This spring I have managed to break off the handles, both on the macerator and under the sink.  Fortunately the valve was in the closed position under the sink and involved pulling the boat to replace the valve and the handle.  The macerator handle came off while in the open position.  This caused water to rush in from the opening of the handle, again had to pull the boat.  (Very quickly)  The screws that hold the handle in place is really too small to do the job it is designed for.  Plus I keep the boat in the water all year, where the temp dips to -10, so some distortion of the valve is possible.  I would not recommend removing the screw from the macerator handle.