[C320-list] A COOLBOX/FRIDGE SOLUTION

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 9 18:04:45 PDT 2011

There have recently been some concerns over the frequent cycling of the fridge compressor. I was concerned as well and this is what I did.
Since we very rarely fill the cool box space, I lined the inside of the space (including the bottom) with 1inch thick blue styrofoam SM which has an R rating of 5. It did not reduce the interior space all that much and it has made a tremendous difference to the amount of battery power we were consuming with the fridge compressor. Less power consumed and stuff stays colder longer, worked for us.
Cheers
JohnM
1999 #574