[C320-list] Cowl Vent For Engine Compartment

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 04:39:17 PDT 2011

I need replacement cowl vents for the engine compartment (be sure to fasten your vent cowls to their base using a screw as provided for in the design.  if you didn't / don't, you may find this post of interest).  I know this was discussed in general terms earlier in the year, but my question is very specific.  Has anyone installed the cowl vents available from Catalina Direct, and if so, which of the two did you use (white plastic or chrome plastic?  P/N are Z1964 [[  http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1259 ]] and and Z2373 [[  http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1316  ]] respectively.    Did you need to replace the base flange to which the plastic duct attaches or did the replacement cowl correctly mount on the old base flange?  Many thanks - Alan hull 67 Holland MI.