[C320-list] Autopilot and 'crazy ivans'

Patrick Tyler ptyler4 at sc.rr.com
Fri Jun 3 19:19:01 PDT 2011

Warren and Pattie,

My boat #834 is a 2001 and I ordered it with a 4000 AP.  This spring I
replaced it with a 6001 AP with course computer and gyro.  The difference is
unbelievable.  Several year back I installed a outlet for a remote control
(wired).  I could not really use it except in the ocean and even then it
only worked so so.  Now it works great.  I was in the ICW on Memorial Day
sitting in the stern seats with the remote and had no problem getting
through the traffic.  It was a little on the expensive side for a boat the
size of a 320 but I'm really glad I put it on.  I just can't believe the
difference.  The old 4000 wondered all over the place.  I'm looking forward
to trying it in heavy seas on the ocean.  The 4000 was at the limit for my
boat since I have it rigged for cruising with a dingy and everything else
you can think of and with this it's at the bottom of it's ability.  If you
have any questions let me know.

Pat
Jannie T