[C320-list] Port side coaming box?

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 4 08:48:16 PDT 2011

Jack,
1) I bought the box from West Marine in 1994--back then there were two sizes available.
2) We store the halyards where you see them, although I have a dodger it has only been up when it was built.
3) The original 'holes' were factory installed.  About 1997 the openings were eliminated.  I understand that Catalina has a 'kit' to sell for a DIY project.  Someone else may know for certain.  I really like the openings because I can put the panels in place and the v-berth becomes very private with the door closed.
4) I installed the hinges and also the "spring" hold openers (?) for the dry storage and nav station lid and refrig.
5) yes the table removes and the compression post retracts--that is factory original.

If you study the pictures closely you will see many 'open air' shelves we have installed.  We purchased the boat without any options and did the 'improvements' ourselves---THE BEST improvement was the 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat and air plus the shower wand holder in the head.  We lived on the boat for three months in 1998 while our lake house was being built--I could not convince Jane to make it permanent---oh well.
Ken, OBUOY  #219