[C320-list] RUDDER FREEZING

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Tue Jun 7 10:46:21 PDT 2011

Yes,

John, I had a rudder to do that. What I did to repair it was to drill holes in
it and fill with epoxy.
In each hole a screw, let it dry, take the screws out and fill with epoxy.
Then put one layer of fiber glass strand, then barrier coat, then white bottom
paint.
Why white you ask? Well it is a known fact, and rudder manufacturers say the sun
will bake

and destroy a rudder. So they recommend white so that won't happen.

That was on an O'Day 35.

Paul
Affinity 657
Bay Bridge Marina