[C320-list] Tachometer antics

Magnuson's Time A Weigh gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Fri Jun 17 08:13:54 PDT 2011

Warren,
Thanks for the response and advice.  Since we live 500 miles from the boat,
we live aboard for several weeks at a time, and do make extended trips on
Superior.  Do you think that the alternator output is high enough to damage
any of my onboard equipment or can I depend on the batteries to filter out
any of the voltage fluctuations?  Can you give any pricing ideas of the two
options you offered?  I am looking on the 320 site and not sure where to
find the article you mentioned about the upgrade.   I will keep looking.

Any thoughts about why the tach seems to work just fine with the ignition
switch turned off?   What effect would it have on the system to have the
ignition switch in the off position with the engine running, other than the
hour meter won't record the total run time?

Thanks again,
Gary Magnuson