[C320-list] New Mainsail

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat Jun 18 07:09:58 PDT 2011

Hi Irv - We just replaced both sails on Sea Shadow.  We shopped at the
Annapolis Boat Show, talking with 3 vendors.  We went with North Sails, not
the least expensive, but they told the "best story."  You would love their
unique batten system.  Will Keyworth is very good to work with.  They even
put the sails on the boat in the spring.  We have 2 reef points and feel it
is necessary for some of the sailing I have been known to do on the Bay.  I
am a little unhappy with the way the sail was cut at the tack and along the
foot but Will has guaranteed me he will make me happy.  I intend to get him
back down to the boat in the fall then leave the sail with him over the
winter to make this adjustment.    But regardless of who you go with, I
would recommend making sure that the rig is in proper tune before the
sailmaker comes down for final measurements; my sense is that is why my main
did not turn out just right. - Allan