[C320-list] C320 Storage Questions

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Jun 22 08:13:14 PDT 2011

Here are some suggestions regarding #1 in the VBerth

The starboard side locker could have a full shelf starting just above the top of the Louvred door. That new space is easy to access b/c there is a top access panel under the port mattress.

You could do the same thing on the stb side but you would have to cut an access hole and attach some wooden cleats below to hold the cover. Cut carefully and the piece of fiberglass you cut out can become the cover and sit flush.

Installing shelves in these lockers level with the bottoms of the doors makes the space a tad more usable by keeping everything from sliding into a pile at the deepest point.

We also were able to gain a few more inches of depth on the forward shelf and provide better access to the windlass by cutting the back panel down a tiny bit so that it would recess further into the bow. There are pics on the website in my photo gallery under vberth shelf mods.

There is also a diagram of lots of storage locations on the boat along with a spreadsheet for logging what you stored where. I think Dick Walker may have submitted this but I could be wrong on that part.

-jeff

"H. M." <z000dles at gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to ask owners of C320's where additional storage could be found
or made.
(1) i.e.: "hidden pockets" where lockers could be made; places where
cabinets or shelves could close in areas.

(2) One of the things that 'bug' me is where the vhf radio, etc. is located
right above the settee. On the C34 it is located above the breaker panel.
Could it not be moved there in the C320 and then that area be made into a
storage cabinet??

Any solutions you have found would be greatly appreciated.
We plan to spend up tp 3 months on board over the next few summers cruising
northern BC and Alaska and need to improve our storage capabilities.

Cheers;
Howard