[C320-list] New PSS vs original unvented model.

Ray Durand durand.mail at verizon.net
Thu Jun 23 18:24:53 PDT 2011

Jeff,

I upgraded from the original PSS four years ago when I last had my boat out
of the water.  I upgraded because I was tired of needing to burp it.  I had
several instances where the original version had caught enough air to
prevent cooling and the seal got quite hot and started squealing.

When I installed the new version, I bought some clear plastic hose,
connected one end to the PSS vent and ran the other end through the area
below the aft mattress, back through the rear port locker area and tied it
off near the stern shower connections - way above the water line.  It was a
trivial installation - I tie-wrapped the hose to existing cables and left
the end of the hose open to vent without any catch basin/reservoir.  I have
not had a single problem with this arrangement.

The new PSS is really a maintenance free addition to the boat - the only
water I get in my bilge is from overfilling the water tanks!

Ray Durand, #822
Marina del Rey, CA