[C320-list] Whisker Pole Feedback

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jun 28 18:41:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I just bought one a month ago. I agree that the 10-18 is enough. I installed 10' of track on the mast, and am using the forespar mast storage car along with an appropriate (non-ring) car.

I considered rail mounting it but with my luck a snagged Genny sheet in heavy wind would fling it into the drink.

Mounting the track was very easy with an assistant.

I have the complete parts list I ended up using. Allan Field supplied me with his rigger's invoice and some key pics of his setup to help me get going.

-jeff

Brian Branchard <Brian.Branchard at quest.com> wrote:

I'm looking to purchase new or used a whisker pole. I've come across the Forespar LC 10-18' (EL-UTR).
Any comments good or bad on this item?
Anyone have a used one they are looking to sell?
Brian Branchard
Ricochet #407
Long Sault, Ontario