[C320-list] BitterSweet....

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 04:33:20 PST 2011

Well after almost 13 years with my beloved Solstice, I have decided to move
on to what will be our last boat. We purchased the new 355 last night.
Although I am excited about the new boat, I'm also a bit sad to be giving up
my beloved 320. Part of what made owning the 320 so special is this
community. I have been a part of this list since 1999 and while researching
the boat at the time, this amazing resource helped me make the decision to
purchase her. I have made many friends on this list over the years, and had
the privilege of meeting some of you. The collective knowledge of this
resource definitely made my 320 exponentially better.

I will be in uncharted waters, knowing I don't have knowledgeable owners to
lean on, as this is hull #17 and there is no C355 association yet. I am well
aware of the risk of getting into a new design, but I am a Catalina guy
through and through (I even had the opportunity to query GD on some design
questions I had), so hopefully this will be another successful sister in the
Catalina line..I will continue to lurk and offer up my two cents on the 320
and hopefully stay in touch with many of you...Thank you all for your
valuable insights and willingness to share your collective knowledge over
the years. Whoever purchases this boat will be the beneficiary of many of
the upgrades and fixes this list provided!

Regards,

Jon Vez

Solstice #582