[C320-list] Boat Insurance Revisited

Mike Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 14:48:49 PDT 2011

During a recent mail the annual ritual of boat insurance quoting was brought
up.  I'm still looking myself but wanted to bring an interesting discovery to
the group.  I complained to BoatUS that their quote was way too high and even
auto insurance companies were beating them.  I said I couldn't understand why an
auto insurance company, that I had to explain what a lay-up period was could
beat a company that specializes in boating insurance.  The sent me a new quote
and explained that their computer generated quotes usually error ed on the
conservative side.  They are still a little high but now competitive.  My point
is that you need to get a human underwriter involved in order to get competitive
pricing from these guys.
Mike
"Amanda Lu"