[C320-list] In- mast masts

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sat Mar 5 04:19:19 PST 2011

I wouldn't do that.  You have to drill the holes anyway. Tapping threads is very easy.

They would have to be drilled out to remove the track, not that you would want to.  They probably aren't as strong in the sheer direction so I'd bet the track would loosen up with use.

Its really simple to drill and tap. Just buy a decent tap and the proper matching drill bit, use some light oil when tapping the threads and you're good to go.  Again, its remarkably easy.

As the OP said, use Tef-Gel on the SS screws to prevent corrosion.

-jeffhare