[C320-list] Target Speed and Wind Angle Stat Sheet

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Fri Mar 11 10:42:47 PST 2011

Upwind the Fin keel does very well speed wise compared to the wing keel.  Two main reasons - the boat is around 500 lbs lighter, and where the wing keel C320 might be in irons, the fin C320 keeps plugging along.

We did a lot of changes to the C320, but switching keels did have a profound effect on the boat's performance. I can say we consistently won or placed in many races after the change. (Certainly skill improvement did help too along with other subtle changes, but the pointing ability with the fin was profound).

C320
"Dawn Treader"
San Francisco