[C320-list] Target Speed and Wind Angle Stat Sheet

ericstillwellevans at gmail.com ericstillwellevans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:45:34 PST 2011

I have a fin keel
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Paul" <pjaarch at verizon.net>
Sender: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.comDate: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:37:01
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Target Speed and Wind Angle Stat Sheet

Rick,
I know that I have noticed the same thing with the 4'-4" wing against my
4'10 1/2" wing.  In the year 2000, the published wing depth was 4'-4" and
the delivered boat came through at 4'-10 1/2".  I can't be sure if that
happened on every boat delivered that year but it was on most.  I suspect
that yours is the same since we are only 2 hulls apart unless of course you
have the fin keel.  I have a slight edge upwind, but downwind I really drop
off speed.  It may have more to do with the drop down main vs. the loose
fitted in mast type.

Paul #722