[C320-list] Exhaust Elbow

MICHAEL COLE mcol3781 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 14 16:05:40 PDT 2011

After 14 yrs  since new my exhaust elbow developed a small hole  1/8 inch diameter almost exactly opposite the water cooling entry. I have repaired it using an English epoxy called  "Aquabond Rapid Epoxy Putty". This stuff is unbelievable--it sets rock hard in 2-3 hrs is heat resistant up to 130 degrees C  ( 266F) will set under water, can be machined, filed etc.  After 3 months in use it seems great.It was the temperature characteristics which caught my attention.
               Mike Cole    # 421  Mio Dio
                  Sydney