[C320-list] Stripes

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:10:29 PDT 2011

I did too. Catalina parts in CA was very particular about the order. Wanted me to send a sample of my stripe to be sure which one they should send.  At some point, 320 production moved to Largo FL so depending on where you hull was made you should call one or the other.

Applying the stripe is easy, especially for a patch.  Hardest part is getting the old one off.  A fair bit of adhesive is left on the hull and is very hard to get off. I never did find a quick way to remove it.  Don't try to butt the ends of a patch as shrinkage of the vinyl over time will leave a space.  Overlap slightly, enough so the adhesive will hold and prevent/reduce the shrinkage.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"