[C320-list] Hurth Transmission Fluid Replacement

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 15:46:32 PDT 2011

My pubs say plain 30W oil...not transmission fluid.

Bert
At Ease

In a message dated 3/28/2011 3:35:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
res07290 at verizon.net writes:

I am  planning to change the fluid in the Hurth Transmission this spring.
Looking  through the owner's manual I have for my 1994, The recommended
fluid
replacement is Type "A" transmission fluid.  I can't find it at  any local
auto parts store.

I have heard that Dexron III  replaced Type "A", but I can't find that in
writing anywhere.  I  called ZF Marine for advise, but have not heard back
from them.

Any  ideas here??

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in  advance.