[C320-list] Updating the instruments

Jose Marroig jose at projility.com
Mon May 9 15:40:02 PDT 2011

I am thinking of updating the instruments on my 1999 C320, I still have the originals that came with when purchased…Raymarine ST50.  Curious if any of you have any experience with the following:

Raymarime - ST70 Multifunction Color Instrument
Garmin - GMI 10 Digital Marine Instrument Display
Tacktick - T104 Speed Depth Wind NMEA System
Tacktick - T108 Wireless Wind, Speed & Depth System with Triducer

My GPS is a Garmin unit that I replaced last year. My initial thought is to go with Garmin and have the GPS and the instruments talk with each other without having to get a converter box…basically Garmin to Garmin. However, I like the idea of the relatively easier install with Tacktick. My concern there is that there is no power backup for the instruments being that the displays are solar powered.

Thanks in advanced!

Jose
Capricho, # 616, Annapolis, MD

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential information and are intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above and those who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited.