[C320-list] Refrigerator Cycles

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:58:03 PDT 2011

We have an Adler Barbour refrigerator system on our 1997 320. Last year was
our first year with the boat. I noticed that the compressor was on for about
a minute or two and then off for a minute or two consistently.  I thought
that was rather fast cycles. The fan is blowing air through the fins by the
compressor OK. Is this cycle speed normal? The contents are nicely cold.
Also, the sensor is attached directly to the ice box which gets cold first
and fast. Is that where it is supposed to be attached? I was thinking of
putting a piece of styrofoam between the sensor and ice box to insulate it
so it doesn't sense the cold too fast.

John Meyers
Wind Chime #406