[C320-list] Troubleshooting Freshwater Diaphragm Pump

bairdrjb at aol.com bairdrjb at aol.com
Mon May 30 16:14:36 PDT 2011

Having trouble with the freshwater diaphragm pump (cold and hot water system).  Had similar problems once before, and it was a matter of cleaning the screen/filter.  Very little debris on the filter, but cleaned it anyway.  Used plumbers tape to make sure it sealed when re-installed.  Still didn't suck water through the system.  Both tanks full and free of debris/obstructions.

Removed the filter again and had someone flip the switch to see if I could sense any suction.   None.  Zippo.  Zilch.  I can't imagine any internal debris.  Do pumps like this just go bad?

The model that is on there is Shurflow 2.8 gpm, 45psi.

Suggestions would be welcome.

Bob Baird
Star Dust
Hull #784, 2001