[C320-list] Hatch Boards

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Sat May 7 07:46:10 PDT 2011

Sean,

There are a number of options. On one boat I had smoked lexan hatch boards. It's
really great for letting in light on an otherwise dark and gloomy day. You don't
have to limit yourself to one or the other -- you can have both! Use the wooden
boards when you're going to be away, the transparent one when you are on board.
Just remember at night with the lights on, people can see in. I put
a towel over them when at the dock.
You can also use plastic wood. Comes in white, or brown I think. It cuts like
wood on a saw. I have teak doors that came with the boat. The doors are great
and real handy, they have lift off
hinges. I also have the teak hatch boards I use in the winter. I think you can
check out options on http://www.sailboatowners.com I've also see stainless hatch
rails with plastic wood hatch

boards and doors.

http://www.scottcarle.com/gallery/v/Sailingandboats/beneteau235/f235hatchboards/