[C320-list] Boarded by the Coast Guard

Ted Barto capt.tb at verizon.net
Tue May 10 08:39:05 PDT 2011

CG set up a “roadblock” at Dana Pt. Harbor entrance one Friday evening for inspections, I had a current inspection sticker and they waved me thru, others were directed to Harbor Patrol dock for inspection.
Coming into harbor when CG Cutter Halibut anchored outside entrance a boarding party in rubber boat approached for “boarding”, after showing my ID and Boat paperwork they just had me hold required items up so they could see them while we proceeded in. They didn’t actually board and we just motored toward my slip as they finished paperwork. Flares were 1 month out of date but they said a 6 month “grace” period allowed.
Nice kids, they use some of these as training for their boarding parties, my ID includes some stuff that indicates I’m a retired Captain from an agency with ties to Homeland Security so your experience may differ slightly.
First time trying to reply to this list, please forgive any errors.
Ted  #880