[C320-list] Perkins M 30 Coolant pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 13:34:29 PDT 2011

Dick, we did this replacement in 2006. It's not a bad job depending on what
you are comfortable with.  I took the opportunity to replace both of the
hoses as they were old and soft.  The parts I got from TADiesels.com; but,
you can also order from a local Perkins dealer.  Try the perkins-sabre.com
and your local phone book. TAD was most helpful and you can ask them any
questions.

The pump, as I remember, was $250 and the hoses were maybe another $75.
You'll also need the gasket. You might also want to replace the thermostat
too. You'll need some gasket cement that you can get at an auto store.

On the C320 web site search "perkins manual" for the workshop manual. Page
4-17 is the water pump breakdown.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"