[C320-list] Propane Detector

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun May 22 11:39:42 PDT 2011

We investigated this initially and came to the conclusion that it wasn't really necessary.

The propane tank locker is pretty small and not open to the interior. There is the tank shutoff, followed by the solenoid which has a visible indicator inside telling you when it is powered. The supply hose to the stove seems well placed and unlikely to have an leak that would go undetected.

-jeff

Donald Lawson <dnclaws at aol.com> wrote:

We are new owners of Catalina 320 #1005. My last boat had CNG as opposed to Propane. The boat does not have a propane detector and I am leery of this. Has anyone installed one and where? Battery or wired in? Don and Cindy Lawson Mandolin Wind #1005