[C320-list] Mast Top Shroud Exit

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 10:41:22 PDT 2011

Ditto, what Jeff said.  I've only had the mast down once in 7 years.  I
don't know when the PO might have had it down.  The drain channel was so
clogged with dirt I had to clear it with a coat hanger.

There was also a lot of debris collected under the posts the mast blocks are
mounted on.  In fact, most of the blocks would not rotate.  The accumulated
corrosion and dirt had them locked.  Per a previous recommendation of Jeff,
I took this occasion to remove each of the blocks and clean out the holes in
the deck plate.  This I did with a rotary tool and sanding drum.  Then,
reassembled the blocks with Never-Cease or the like.  Every spring I will
check these blocks and if stiff or immovable will pull them and re-grease.

Once again, thanks, Jeff for the bounty of your knowledge and concern for
the rest of us.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"