[C320-list] Propane Detector

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue May 24 06:14:15 PDT 2011

Right. The drain is not functional as it always has a water block in it, on our hull #809 anyway. It's a design flaw.

Pat Ireland <cherie320 at gmail.com> wrote:

So The other propane locker story is that the drain line may be a bit too long. If it is, it forms a P-trap which holds water and blocks the venting of the box. Pat 801 On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Jeff Hare <catalina at thehares.com> wrote: > I meant to mention that the surveyor we spoke with said for detection to be > effective we'd need a couple of them, one in the "black hole" port aft > locker and one up below the stove. > > For what that's worth. > > Jeff Hare <catalina at thehares.com> wrote: > > We investigated this initially and came to the conclusion that it wasn't > really necessary. The propane tank locker is pretty small and not open to > the interior. There is the tank shutoff, followed by the solenoid which has > a visible indicator inside telling you when it is powered. The supply hose > to the stove seems well placed and unlikely to have an leak that would go > undetected. -jeff Donald Lawson <dnclaws at aol.com> wrote: We are new owners > of Catalina 320 #1005. My last boat had CNG as opposed to Propane. The boat > does not have a propane detector and I am leery of this. Has anyone > installed one and where? Battery or wired in? Don and Cindy Lawson Mandolin > Wind #1005 > >