[C320-list] New topic...jammed main roller furler on 2002

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Tue May 24 06:26:57 PDT 2011

 In 9 years with in-mast furling, I have never had a problem furling the main which so many folks (who apparently don't have in-mast furling) seem to fret about.  I have had occasional trouble deploying the main as a result of not being vigilant furling it and getting some wrinkles in the sail that jammed it. I'm sure in-boom furling is great but I enjoy my loose footed main and just haven't experienced what some folks seem to fear.  Once in-boom becomes standard, I'd sure consider it but either way I wouldn't go back to slab reefing and sail flaking.