[C320-list] Exhaust leak

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Thu May 26 19:01:52 PDT 2011

Bob,

While doing chores today, I started looking around the Yanmar 3GM30F and found
that breather tube you mentioned.

It seems OK but strange that it has no hose end connectors. I remember replacing
that hose a couple years ago because
it was split. I also checked a part on the back of the valve cover. It has
four bolts on the very back. All four of these bolts were loose, but one was
very loose and appeared to have soot all

over it. So, I've tightened all four of these bolts and we'll see what happens
when the motor is under a load.

Thanks,
Paul
Affinity 657