[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 08:39:40 PST 2011

Hello Tom:

I don't know if this is going to help but here goes.........

Friends of mine own a 30 Saber with a Westerbede and had a similar problem
most of the summer.  They tried numerous things including a mechanic to
troubleshoot a couple times.  The last week of the season the owner felt
the found the problem with a lose plug connection to the fuel pump.  The
last day of the season, while taking the boat to the boat yard the engine
sputter and stalled, it could not be restarted. They planned for this and
had the mail sail flaked so we sail to the boat yard.

At the boat yard the mechanic looked at the motor and discovered that the
wire and plug to the fuel pump was too tight and under load disconnecting.
Therefore he took the wire and plug off and ran a wire directly to the fuel
pump.

Just I thought that this may help you.

Lot's of luck.

Karl Krueger, Milwaukee, Wisc., Kindred Spirit #282

--
Karl W Krueger - ABR, CRS, GRI, CDPE
RE/MAX Realty 100