[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 15:29:17 PST 2011

This is a known problem with some Yanmar installs.

I've had the Yanmar checked by two mechanics and they found
nothing wrong. Once my 1999 starts it runs smooth, it continues
to run without fail. As long as it gets started at least once every three
days, it does fine. But it can be really hard to start if it sits for a week.
What I've learned to do is pump up using the fuel pump on the engine,
pumping it really fast for several strokes. It starts, it chokes but it runs
smoothly after a min. According to one mechanic, there is no check valve
on my engine.  I've just learned to live with it.

Paul
Affinity 657
Bay Bridge Marina
Chesapeake Bay, Maryland