[C320-list] Blue Sea Vessel Systems Monitor (VSM 422)?

David Swanson kswanson123 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 21:49:48 PST 2011

Another added opinion...

I looked into this unit a couple of years ago when I was investigating battery monitors.  This system looked interesting, but I found that the overall unit cost and especially, the water/holding tank sensors, seemed rather expensive.  The water tank sensors also required that the tank be breached to install the sending unit.  I am more interested in installing water and holding tank sensors that attach to the outside of the tank with foil so as not to breach the integrity of the tanks, especially the holding tank.

So, I elected to install a Xantrex Link Pro battery monitor.  It is the second one that I have used in the two keel boats that we have owned.  A great unit.  Lower overall cost than the Blue Sea VSM and provides a voltage check for a second battery just like the Blue Sea VSM.  I have been very happy with my choice.

I haven't yet installed a tank monitor for the holding and water tanks.  Not sure the convenience of monitoring the tank levels is worth the cost of these devices, especially the Blue Sea VSM device.

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107