[C320-list] Leak or Condensation at Support Post Main Salon

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:57:32 PST 2011

Bob, the drain is aft of the mast as Jeff pointed out.  The deck plate sits
on the deck and the mast sits on the deck plate.  The drain is inside the
deck plate so it is not visible from the outside.  If you probe under the
"U-shaped padeye" with an awl or long screw driver you might find the
opening in the deck plate.
In my case, the issue went so long without attention that the drain hole was
plugged tight with dirt, and etc.  I only understood this water path when
the mast was removed.  Once found, it was easy to clear the blockage.  Now,
I make sure I direct a water stream in there each time I wash the deck.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"