[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:35:26 PST 2011

This is an interesting issue.  I used to use Diesel Kleen and BioBor.  I
still use Diesel Kleen; but, switched to StarTron several years ago.  I've
not seen a bad review of it, and it does seem to work.  It takes 1 oz. for
16 gal. of diesel so with my typical 10 gal. fill-up I'm dealing with
fractional ounces.  At the end of season, I fill the tank and give a double
dose on the "more is better" theory.
The proof is in the pudding, so they say, and I can say that the bowl on the
primary fuel filter is nearly clean.  I used to change my fuel filter every
season; but, since using StarTron I've only changed it once in three years
and then only because I thought I should.  I also don't see much water
accumulated in the bowl so that attests to the quality of the fuel I find on
the Chesapeake.
In short, Diesel Kleen and StarTron have kept my fuel clean (I think.)  I've
never had a fuel problem so I'll keep doing what I've done.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"