[C320-list] jam cleat replacement

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:45:34 PST 2011

Fred, my slip-mate is a Hunter 35.5 named "First Light."
My locking tab was broken years ago.  I thought about replacing it with a
clutch; but, decided to wait.  I no longer feel I need to replace it.  It's
easy to use and easy to let go.  In 7 years, the number of time the sheet
has let go unexpectedly are few.  Just make sure you properly set the sheet
in it by pulling forward.  One benefit is that I can take the sheet aft to
the wheel and control a gybe single handedly.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"