[C320-list] jam cleat replacement

Fred LEcuyer fred.lecuyer at live.com
Tue Nov 29 06:56:13 PST 2011

Rick, thanks for the comments. Has your first mate ever set foot on the boat again???

I also keep the mainsheet on the winches except when I need the winch to furl the mainsail.... which, of course, is when the wind kicks up. So, with a in-mast furling main, you really do need to use both the jam cleat and the winches at the same time.   ...but now I have more respect for what a "jammed" jam cleat can mean.  Thanks for the lesson.

Fred