[C320-list] jam cleat replacement

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 10:19:37 PST 2011

Rick-Sounds like a nightmare.  I have hull 894 (2002) with double sheeted
mainsheet along with two secondary winches and two clam cleats for the
mainsheets.  I can release the traveler from either side without loosening
the mainsheet and do this a lot in big puffs.  This plus heading up would
certainly have lessened tension on the mainsheet and allowed its release.  I
have a hard time trying to see how the sheet could not be released during a
half-hour thrill ride.  Stand close to the cleat and pull up.  If that
doesn't work stand on the cockpit sheet and do the same, but that would make
some uncomfortable.

Bob Sloat