[C320-list] Holding tank vent

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Oct 19 09:27:23 PDT 2011

As a mid-season project followup in this area, remember I posted earlier about upgrading the head vent.

We can say for certain now, that there hasn't been one whiff of holding tank odor inside or on deck since. The new vent is also virtually clog proof compared to the factory one and can be flushed out from on deck during a pumpout.

One of the top upgrades we've done to date. Installing the DryRoll dispenser recommended by Allan Field was really well received by the regular crew also.

-jeff

Jeff Hare <catalina at thehares.com> wrote:

While at anchor, we take some of the warm soapy dishwater from doing dishes and use that in the head. The soapy water helps alot and would be wasted anyway.

We generally leave leave the boat after pumping a cup or two of mildly soapy water through it. Its a 2001 boat still on original head, pump and seals and still operates smoothly. Also over the winter the RV antifreeze seems to make the pump work exceptionally smooth the following spring.

The head lube works well also, but not significantly better for us than a little dawn laced dishwater. :)

-jeff

"Allan S. Field" <allan.field at verizon.net> wrote:

Do you periodically lube the pump?