[C320-list] Engine Oil

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Thu Oct 20 20:00:22 PDT 2011

Don,

I have been using Mobil 1 10W-30 for 16 seasons and that amounts to 1,100
engine hours. I contacted Westerbeke USA and spoke to a technician who
indicated no problems because Mobil 1 exceeds the warranty requirements.

If synthetic oil is good enough to be recommended by GM for my Vette, it
should be good enough for my 320! I am considering moving to Mobil 1
extended service next year and that may permit me to just replace the oil
filter after one season and move toward replacing the oil every other year
since so few engine hours are actually logged each season.

Rick
My-Ria #277