[C320-list] Boom end sheaves

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 26 13:58:37 PDT 2011

Warren;
On my boom the sheaves run on an axle which is held in the end of the boom by the pressure of the lines. The axle/sheave assy just sits there and comes out when the lines are removed. I have a problem with my boom sheaves seizing up and it results from the axle going too far into the boom on the tapered slot. I have tried various things nothing successful yet. I'm going to try a tuff tape on the axle ends to see if that works. Need to wait until spring now however.
Cheers
JohnM
1999#574