[C320-list] removing main w/ Dutchman system

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:30:46 PDT 2011

My main is now all packed away for the all too long off season.

But from these discussion I have an idea that may work. Before taking the
main off the spars, I would lower the topping lift and attach the top end
of the continuous line to the head of the main. The lower end of the
continuous line to the clew. I may need to use a short line lengthen
continuous line so that it matches the leach. Then take the main off the
spars. Stretch out the main on the ground with the Dutchman still attached
and fold up the sail putting the continuous line in the folds of the sail.

In the spring, attached the sail to the spars, Attach the ends of the
continuous line to the appropriate places. Draw up the topping lift. Enjoy
the summer.

Comments please. Has anyone tried this method?

John M.
Wind Chime
406
Muskegon MI.