[C320-list] Loose Footed Main

Paul Mathieu pmathieu at ozemail.com.au
Mon Oct 31 13:03:08 PDT 2011

We have a HOOD loose footed main. The clue end is held to the boom by a
velcro backed webbing strap. It passes through the outhaul eyelet and wraps
around the boom a couple of times - you often see this system on racing
yachts.
The advantages are that there is no boom slug to get jammed and it's easier
to remove the main. The outhaul line comes straight out of the sheave at the
end of the boom and attaches to the clue eyelet.

We also opted for a stack-pack (combination lazyjack & sail cover)

Love 'em both!

Paul
North Direction #1011
Sydney, Australia