[C320-list] Bungy Mooring Compensators

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Wed Sep 7 10:28:43 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I've been meaning to pass this along for a while...

After having less-than-good luck with the snubbers from West Marine, I
decided to try the Bungy mooring compensators from Sail Care.  I really
like these quite a bit.

They are extremely easy to install.  In fact, you don't even have to
untie your dock lines.  You just make bend in the line, push it through
the body of the thing, flip the buckle closed, and pull the line tight.
I currently have three units on my bow lines, since the prevailing winds
are from that direction, and two units on my stern lines.  We stayed out
on the boat in our slip the past weekend with 20 knot breezes and slept
quite comfortably.

Here is a link: http://www.sailcare.com/bungy.shtml

For what it is worth...

Dean Vermeire